Our group uses the following facilities on SFU Burnaby campus, BC:
- Multi-chamber cluster deposition tool consisting of plasma-enhanced chemical vapor deposition (PECVD), magnetron sputtering chamber, high temperature evaporation, and atomic layer deposition (ALD).
- Chemical Vapor Deposition system for large area MoS2 synthesis.
- Hydrothermal Reactor for 2D tellurium synthesis.
Material and Device characterization:
- Transient photoluminescence.
- Transmission, Reflectance, Absorption using an integrated sphere in the visible (300-1100nm) and infrared regions (900-1700nm).
- Temperature controlled probing stage.
- Solar simulator (AM1.5 Global) and External Quantum Efficiency measurements.
- Volatile organic compound and inorganic gas testing system.
- Fume hoods for sensor functionalization.
- Probe Station.
Engineering Science Cleanroom shared facilities:
- mask aligners for photolithography
- reactive ion etch (RIE)
- wet etch processes (fume hood)
- deep reactive ion etch (DRIE)
- XeF2 etch
- Dektak thickness profiler
- four point probe
- Atomic Force Microscope.
A variety of fabrication and characterization equipment is also available at SFU’s 4DLABs (www.4dlabs.ca).